Observations from a Sunday afternoon walk around Accra, Ghana.davidlivermore | January 9th, 2011 7 Comments
• My favorite business name is here: “All Things Are Possible Beauty Salon!”
• I was typically greeted with “You’re welcome”
• I only saw 1 other white person while on a 2 hour walk around the city (I know there are plenty–I just wasn’t in the expat zone).
• There are several large bank buildings
• I saw churches everywhere…and a couple mosques
• Sign in my hotel: “Fight child sex tourism!”
• Cell phones, cell phones, cell phones.
• Looks like lots of Chinese investment here.
• The Anglican compound is ocean-front.
• Most people are wearing “Western clothes” (jeans, t-shirts, etc. but there’s definitely some more traditional dress too)
• Almost all the shops are closed today (It’s Sunday)
And many more…Few things energize me like this!